Tuesday 24 September 2013

Designing my website - Making Progress!

Designing my Website! Making progress!


Over the past week I have started to design my own website. I have been thinking of designs for my 'About Me' section and what information to use. 
Here are a few snapshots of my site designs so far. Im quite happy with the outcome but there is still a lot needs tweaking...



 I wanted to incorporate my own designs into my website somehow, so I tried out my floral black pattern from my 'Bird and Flower' collection. I think this may be too bold and looks a bit more like a blog than a website. I'll have to think of a better layout idea to showcase my work better.




I think this design, above, opens the page up more, with the black design being smaller and the use of the white banner at the top. I have also added button areas down the right side of the page to link to my other pages on the internet.




So I decided to slightly re-invent the page and got rid of the use of the black design, and the page looks much more contemporary. I started to add detail snapshots of my designs to give the viewer an idea of what my designs are about.


Here is where I have got up to so far. I've added the rest of my detail images at the bottom. I'm not too sure the font of my writing is  how I want it yet, so I'll probably tweak that next. I also want to get a better photo, maybe of me in my studio working.



I'll be washing some of my digitally printed fabrics tomorrow, ready to make my cushions! When they are finished I'll pop a photo up. ^^

2 comments:

  1. Hey Abigayle! I think having the 4 different images at the bottom makes it look too busy. If you really want to incorporate your designs, maybe you can use one as a header image instead of a background. -Kelly @ Online Marketing Giant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll try that out, It will probably look totally different when it's finished =D Perhaps a cleaner, more neutral page would be better so you can see the designs more... I'm not sure yet ha ha ...Thanks for the feedback ^^

    ReplyDelete