Sunday 22 September 2013

Designing my website!!

Designing my Website - Abigayle Coghlan Textiles

Ok so I've decided to design my own website, which is quite the task but I'm now getting used to the design features on Dreamweaver and Fireworks, which are quite easy to pick up after a bit of playing round.

Here are some of my design concepts so far for my main page, though I'll probably change it a billion times before it's even half way finished.



  I wanted to try a few different layouts to get me going and so far this process has worked quite well, as I want to get the balance between information and design right, without it being too busy.



This concept is quite pale so I went and put more colour in it to see if it would brighten my image up. I also changed my name as I want it bolder and more easy to read.




 I like the cross-hatch effect on the pink strip at the top of my main website page. It makes my brand name visible and easier to read, unlike the one above it.




The last design I played around with was quite pink, and I want my brand image to maybe be a bit cleaner. My next designs are going to be more minimalist in colour so my work stands out more. I cant wait to get stuck in!



I'm very excited to get my website up and running but it will take some time and plenty of tea and coffee to get me through it ^^ I'll keep updating! 


No comments:

Post a Comment