Thursday 9 May 2013

Inspirational Artists/Designers/Brands

Designer - John Henry Dearle - Seaweed



Dearle, who worked within Morris & Co.and designed most of the companies patterns is very inspirational to me.
His work, Seaweed,(left) has a lot of movement, and is very busy which I really admire.

I wanted to create a similar look with my own work focusing on movement and fluidity throughout my designs.

I also like how the leaves overlap each other and intertwine.






Sidney Mawson - 

Turnbull & Stockdale

I really love this piece opposite as its vibrant and again has a lot of movement and is very bold. This is an Indian Inspired design, and so relates to my tropical theme quite closely.








Margret Hildebrand - Rasch 1950 -Germany

The design opposite is surface printed wallpaper by Margret Hildebrand.

Hildebrand mostly studied nature and plants, and was very popular for them.

I really like the stylised leaves and stems and the placement in this design. I like the way it looks hand drawn, like in my own work, and the different textures within the leaves.

Gocken Jobs - Sweden

I love the concept of this design by Gocken Jobs, a designer from Sweden. I love the black background and has heavily inspired some of my designs, especially from my Bird and Flower collection.

Jobs was inspired by an artist called Josef Frank, who had an enormous impact on Swedish design in the 1930s.






Josef Frank- Svenskt Tenn- Austrian




This design is one of my favourites that I have come across through my research. I love the impact of the textures and the blue hues.





I'm very inspired by this designer. I like the way his designs interlock and flow. I'm inspired by his use of texture and line making

No comments:

Post a Comment