Thursday 9 May 2013

Final Designs For 'Tropics' Brief -FMP

Flower and Bird Collection


Wallpapers

Interior aimed for high end domestic living areas 




Fabric drops








































Final Tub Chair



Flower and Bird Collection


I'm very pleased with the outcome of this collection (one of three)for my Final Major Project 'Tropics' at The University of Bolton. I'm happy with the variety of designs and cant wait to see it as a full collection at my Degree Show.

If I was going to improve and develop my work further, I would design small, more simple fabric croquis to go along side the collection. I would also collect more primary research on tropical birds, so I'd have more of a variety to work with.









Trains and Cranes Collection

Interior aimed for boys bedroom aged 5-9


Wallpaper






Fabric Drop




Heres my fabric length coming of the Mimaki printer at University




Trains and Cranes Collection

Again, I'm very happy with my final designs for this collection aimed at boys aged 5-9. I really like the simplicity and bright colour palette. For the colour palette I was inspired by a front cover of a vintage DC comic.
(see below)
If I was going to carry this brief forward and work into it more I would definitely paint more trains from my primary research. I would also research more into train tickets for inspiration with typography. 






Fish and Coral Collection


Wallpaper

Interior aimed for high end domestic living areas.








Fabric Croquis








Fish and Coral Collection

I really enjoyed designing and painting these patterns, especially the turtles and lobster designs above. Im happy with the placement on two of them but I feel the first wallpaper still needs quite a bit of work with the colour and layout of the boxes.
If I was going to carry this mini-collection further I would spend more time researching coral to get a better variety to work with. If i had more time on this collection I would definitely paint and create more croquis for the fabric samples.


I really enjoyed this brief as a whole and I'm very happy with the final outcome. Now to put up the Degree show ready for opening day!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment