Wednesday 6 February 2013

Planning for my Final Designs- Ideas



Over the past few weeks i have been developing my drawn work for the final stages of my brief. I've been collecting my inspiration from Chester Zoo, Tatton park, Manchester Museum, Blue Planet Aquarium and other places around my area. This was great fun and very inspirational for my work. I have now split my brief into 3 collections for surface design.Here are a few of my ideas.

1. tropical birds and flowers - living rooms, accent walls
2.coral and fish - kitchen/bathroom, living spaces.
3.trains and cranes- bedrooms (maybe a boys interior collection)

My designs are going to be aimed for interior design, focusing on wallpapers and furnishing fabrics. I also would like to create a scarf collection to run along side my themes.

I also used some of my existing work to enter a competition at sofa.com. the brief was to design a contemporary upholstery fabric for a sofa design =)Here it is below.



Over the next few weeks I will be taking to trips to Martin Mere Blackpool Zoo,Sea life Blackpool, the National Rail Museum, and the Museum of Science and Industry. I'm hoping this will give me the research I need, but I'm in no doubt I will probably be heading out to a few more places before the month is through =)

Thanks For reading guys!!!    



No comments:

Post a Comment