Thursday 21 February 2013

My trip to the 'Street Life Museum' in Hull

I found the Street Life Museum out of pure chance whilst I was on a trip to Hull looking at research for my 'Coral and Fish' collection. 
The Street Life Museum has a good collection of railway memorabilia, which has inspired me in my design work, along with the National Railway Museum in York, just down the road.

The Street Life Museum has a really good collection of railway lanterns which I'm drawing at the moment, as the shapes of them are really striking and quirky. Here are some on the photos from my trip.




I love the shape of this lantern, and would looks good as a silhouette in my work, or cut-work, which would be really interesting.





Here's some of my design work I've done in the meantime before my study visits.






This Museum was a great find and I'm happy I took the trip out, I'd totally go again, maybe stopping off in Leeds as on the drive back i spotted a sign for 'Tropical World' which sounds right up my street!

No comments:

Post a Comment