Monday 18 February 2013

Developments of Paradise brief

My Developments so far

Since my last post, I have started to develop my work further in my sketch books, on Chinese paper, and on A3 sheets. At the moment I'm focusing on gaining more contextual research for all three collections, especially my 'Cranes and Trains'research.

I'll be taking a trip tomorrow to the National Rail Museum in York. Ive heared lots of great things about this Museum and im very excited to go! 

I have created an on-going moodboard for my studio space at the University of Bolton to keep me inspired and motivated. Here it is!




Today, I have been developing my sgraffito work, which turned out quite well, and i can now develop it further, using bird and fish silhouettes as the main shapes instead of the box shaped development above.
I'm really happy with the texture that the technique produces, and it's quicker than the previous ways i have done it in the past. Here are the early stages of my sgraffito development.

 

I'm really happy with this technique for sgrafftio but I think it's a bit faint with the white background, and you lose the texture and detail.I will try using different papers and background colours over the next few days to see if it creates a bolder design and I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment