Tuesday 12 March 2013

My Sample Developments So Far - Tropical Fabrics For Interior

over the past few weeks I've been working on developing my fabric samples and my hand drawn work, as well as getting work ready for the upcoming Bradford Design competition. 
Over the past few months I've been gathering Artist/Designer inspiration, interior collection swatches, and fabric samples from companies like Harlequin and Designers Guild. I've also been researching into the fabric I would like to use for my final prints within the interior market.

Here are some of my new samples for interior fabrics and papers below.





I'm really happy with the new flowers and leaves I've painted as they are more detailed and have more texture, rather than some of the flat patterned work I designed last semester. 

Here it is in a full repeat.


I've printed quite a few fabric samples now for my Final Tropical Collection, to see what the quality and colour is like. Here are a few of my fabric samples, took during the cleaning process.


I have now trimmed and lined these prints with masking tape,and they are now ready to be mounted onto card tabs, which i will be doing soon.

Bye for now, and I'll post some new work soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment